Second Opportunities is a charity registered in Scotland and operating as a Social Economy Business. Since 1991 our Furniture & White Goods Reuse & Recycling services have been helping tackle the effects of poverty and social exclusion in Glasgow and the surrounding areas while providing the environmental benefit of diverting furniture which could otherwise would have ended up in landfill.
Our Furniture and White Goods Re-use Centre is open to the public acting as an attractive and popular pre-loved second hand furniture retail space, sales from which help generate much needed income used to subsidise support to service users referred from our network of support agencies. Visitors will find a wide variety of competitively priced pre-loved furniture and white goods aimed at meeting all the household needs which help turn a house into a home.
Organisational Priorities & Objectives
- Providing low cost access for those who can least afford to furnish their homes
- Tackling Poverty & Social Exclusion
- Reducing waste to landfill
- Recycling Household Items & Materials
- Working alongside Groups involved in Recycling and Relief of Poverty
- Maximising Disposable Income
- Promoting Economic Welfare